Feedback Friday 4109 August 2013
Thanks to everyone who gave feedback last week, I know there is not much here, but I really get a kick from knowing people have tried it out.
There have been quite a few changes in the last few days:
- I've doubled the resolution, so everything is easier to see (still 16x16 tiles)
- Graphics! I added proper tiles instead of the flat color placeholders. Still no player sprite though.
- Fixed a few bugs:
- The game now handles arbitrary room sizes, so small rooms get centered on the screen, and large rooms cause the camera to detach and follow the player.
- I've replaced by hand coded map arrays with a parser for the Tiled Editor TMX format, which is going to make content generation MUCH easier.
- I've started work on an entity system, again driven from data coming from Tiled, but so far i only have a single static entity in the room below where you start. Next up, interaction!
You can try the latest build below, there is still not a lot there, but hopefully you can see the progress i'm making. For comparison, you can find last weeks update here.